Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Best Rice Krispy Treats - The Fruity Pebbles Kind








Well let me just warn you, this isn't going to be the most sophisticated of my baking posts but I'm not always the most sophisticated person I know either, so I decided to have it.  I have been making fruity pebbles treats for years now.  Do I like them BETTER than Rice Krispy treats? Eh...I mean...well, yes.  Basically, because they are colorful and they taste like candy, so I am definitely going to go with a yes on that one. I also ate the whole pan in about 3 days.  Anyway, the recipe is super simple.  It can be made in the microwave.  What's more to be said?

fruity pebbles treats.
6 cups Fruity Pebbles (don't use off brand, they taste weird)
1/4 cup (or 1/2 stick) butter, unsalted
1 package Kraft Marshmallows (I used the big ones but a marshmallow is a marshmallow so use the small ones if you want)


  1. Butter or cooking spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan (you can use any size really, just form the treats to only use half the pan if you have a bigger pan)
  2. Melt butter and marshmallows together in a large bowl in the microwave for 4 minutes, removing half way through to stir.
  3. Add fruity pebbles and stir until fully incorporated
  4. Press into prepared pan with the back of a large spoon.
  5. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes and eat away (or eat them warm but they taste better chilled)

4 comments:

Heather Dawn said...

those look so fun and colorful! My daughter would love them.

Anonymous said...

Seriously Scrumcious!
I've found the pebbles to have a bit too strong of flavor though. For a bit of alteration on the recipe, try a mixture of half rice krispies, half fruity (or coco) pebbles. These didn't last long at all the last time I brought them into the office ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/number657/3688073033/
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi! A friend on twitter sent me over here. These are so bright and festive looking!

I would love to post about this for a 'friday fun' thing on www.recipereality.com and was wondering if I might borrow an image. I'd be happy to link back here or to another site.

Thanks!
...beth

Andrea said...

Please feel free to use any images!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com