Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nutella Gooey Butter Cake





So do you remember that post I wrote long ago called 'Dear South, What the Heck is Gooey Butter Cake'? I was so baking naive way back in April 2010 wasn't I? Well anyway, I found an upgrade. And while I'm a little upset to part with the original recipe because it was SO good, I had to venture and try this one I found using Nutella. If it involves Nutella, it's gotta be good. The original recipe came from Let's Dish. I kept everything the same except I didn't use Devil's Food Cake for the crust. I just used plain yellow cake mix. I thought the chocolate crust and the Nutella center might be a little too rich for me. Overall, it turned out really good but I think I actually like the original better. I don't know, what do you think?




nutella gooey butter cake.


crust.
1 package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

filling:
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup Nutella (save yourself some time, this is about the contents of 1 13 oz jar)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16 oz.) box powdered sugar

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. Mix cake mix, butter and egg together until a light dough forms.
  3. Spread dough across bottom of prepared pan.
  4. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
  5. Add the eggs, vanilla and butter and beat together.
  6. Add powdered sugar and beat well.
  7. Spread over cake batter and bake for 40-50 minutes (mine took about 38 minutes). Center should not be quite set. Don't cook too long or its not gooey!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com