Thursday, August 11, 2011

Best Recipe 2011: S'Mores Cookie Bars.





Recently, my Dad got a fire pit from Costco, so at least once a week, it has been party at his house with of course...alcohol and s'mores. As of late, the weekly get-togethers have increased my love for 1. S'mores 2. My family 3. Alcohol....not necessarily in that order. So, summer life has been great this year and I will shortly be starting my first real nursing job (Yay!). In other news, Tim and I FINALLY bought a new camera so I no longer have to use my iPhone to take pictures of my wonderful baked goods. Anyway, I found this s'mores cookie bar recipe on the Hershey website. They have not just this amazing recipe, but so many others that I want to try out as well. I'm glad I tried this one though because it could be one of my favorite desserts ever. It tastes amazing right out of the oven and in my opinion even better once they are cool, but if you like them warm, you can always toss them in the microwave for a few seconds.


hershey's s'mores cookie bars.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 egg
1 1/3 cup flour *I put a little less flour and a little bit more graham cracker crumbs)
1 tsp baking powder
4 hershey's milk chocolate bars (or miniature, doesn't matter as long as they cover the pan)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract *(I used 2)
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs *(I used about a cup and a little less flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup marshmallow cream (aka marshmallow fluff)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
4. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter/sugar mixture.
5. Press half of dough into prepared pan.
6. Arrange chocolate bars over dough.
7. Spread with marshmallow cream.
8. Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow and press to spread. I flattened the dough in my hands first and then put in the pan and pieced the dough together. Its not really as hard as it seems.
9. Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Cut into bars.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com