Thursday, November 10, 2011

Perfect Pumpkin Snickerdoodles



After my last cake pop endeavor, I still have a ginormous can of pureed pumpkin in my fridge with only 3/4 of a cup gone. So once again, I scoured TasteSpotting and found this fabulous recipe for Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. I love this recipe because Lori, from her blog Recipe Girl, presses the cookie balls down with a sugared glass so that when they bake, they aren't puffy. Genius. I am always disheartened when my Snickerdoodles don't come out flat, so I was ecstatic to try her idea. I adapted the recipe slightly and I love the way they turned out. Perfect for this crisp weather. However, I STILL have pumpkin left. If I don't use it within the week, it will quickly be forgotten until I find it months from now after trying to figure out where that "smell" is coming from. Any suggestions on how to use my remaining cup of pumpkin?


pumpkin snickerdoodles.

cookies.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup pure unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

rolling sugar.
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice

1. Beat butter and sugars together in mixer with paddle attachment.
2. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Whisk flour through sugar in medium mixing bowl.
4. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture in segments. Mix until combined.
5. Cover dough and refrigerator for at least one hour until dough is firm.
6. Mix rolling sugar ingredients together and set aside.
8. Cover baking sheet in parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
8. Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll into 2 inch balls and coat in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
9. Bake 12-14 minutes. (I varied mine between 10 and 15 and oddly enough, there didn't seem to be too much of a difference either way...so, I don't know. I guess do what you want, ha.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com