Friday, August 13, 2010

Cotton Candy Cupcakes













Carnivals. Ferris Wheels. Funnel Cakes. Cotton Candy. Cupcakes.  Oh yea. Thats right, I said it...cotton candy cupcakes.  In celebration of summer and to cherish my last week of freedom until school is going to take over my life, I created this fabulous cotton candy cupcake.  Okay, I didn't really create it but sort of.  When my mom and I were on our road trip to Alabama, we stopped at for every possible reason you could imagine.  One of those stops was a Krogers and I found Jelly Belly pudding flavors, one of those being Cotton Candy.  What a fabulous idea.  Whoever thought of cotton candy pudding, thank you.  I think I love you.  The recipe is about as simple as can be but they look and taste fabulous.  They kind of make me happy just looking at them. Here's what you do:

1.) Take a strawberry cake mix, follow instructions on the box for cupcakes. I used Duncan Hines.  I got 23 cupcakes.  Let them cool.

2.) Using the cone method (check out my blueberries and cream cupcake post to see the method) fill the strawberry cupcakes with about a tablespoon of pudding each.  Put the tops back on.

3.) Frost with whipped icing.  I used jarred icing because I was lazy.  I used the whipped kind which turned out perfect because its not as sweet as regular frosting.

4.) Decorate them pretty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com