Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Best Easy Banana Bread recipe with Cinnamon Swirls



I'm not gonna lie, I made this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread months ago and I have been withholding it from everybody.  Yea, I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway.  This is seriously the best banana bread I have ever had.  It even beats out my mom's banana cake...but don't tell her I said that.  The best part about it? It's damn easy to make.  It honestly took me about 10 minutes to throw it all together, and then you just throw her in the oven and let her bake.  Done and done.



My analysis on the situation is that I think the coating of cinnamon and sugar on the top sort of hardens and forms a crust which in turn holds the moisture in and makes it cake-like and not so much bread-like.  Bread to me means dry and bland.  Cake is moist and sweet and delicious.  Throw some cinnamon and sugar in there yet and I think we found ourselves a winner.



Anyway, I got this recipe from Lovin' The Oven who I think got it from somewhere else.  Please, keep sharing.  This recipe deserves to be popular.




cinnamon swirl.
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 TBSP Cinnamon

1.) Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
2.) Combine cinnamon and sugar together; set aside.
3.) Generously flour and butter a 9x5 bread pan; set aside.
bread.

3-4 over-ripe bananas (mine were huge, so I only used 2)





Now that's a big banana. (Heh, I couldn't resist)





1 cup sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups flour

4.) In an electric mixer, beat the first 5 ingredients together.  
5.) Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the top of the batter; mix.
6.) Slowly add the flour; beat until it is just incorporated, don’t over mix here.
7.) Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan
8.) Sprinkle half the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the batter.
9.) Pour the other half of the batter over the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
10.) Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture over the the top of the batter.
11.) Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until you can insert  a toothpick into the center and comes out clean.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com