Sunday, July 4, 2010

Easy Fruit and Cheese Danish Recipe











So the fat kid in me was really craving a cheese danish the past couple of days.  I'm not really sure why, I rarely eat pastries but I couldn't stop thinking about cheese danishes for at least 3 days...ha.  I don't really know of any good bakeries near me and I had some Pillsbury Croissant dough in my fridge, so I decided to make them.  This is a pretty dangerous because you only need 3 ingredients and 11 minutes and they are really good.  The best part about it is that you can make them any flavor you want really, because I just put jam in the center for the flavoring.  I used rasberry jam.  My grandmother made it for me and I don't otherwise eat jam but it turned out to be the perfect ingredient for these danishes.

rasberry cream cheese danishes.
pillsbury canned instant croissant dough
1 tsp jam (your choice of flavor)
1 tsp cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat but not like it matters, there isn't really any way these are low fat)


  1. Break open can of croissant dough and unroll.
  2. Tear along dotted lines into 4 squares (2 croissant triangles per square)
  3. Place 1 tsp of jam and 1 tsp of cream cheese in the center of each square.
  4. Fold four corners of each square into center and pinch to close.
  5. Bake in oven according to directions on can.
Thats it. You're done and it and looks like you spent tons of time on these put you're really just a cheater.  But nobody needs to know that. 






1 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Sometimes you just can't go wrong with Pillsbury in a can! :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com