Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baby Shower Cake Pops



So my oldest sister is pregnant with her first daughter and obviously my soon to be niece. I am so incredibly stoked for her and to meet the new baby Hadlow. Her best friend and sister-in-law set up a beautiful baby shower in New York City so I decided to contribute and try my hand at cake pops again.  They turned out MUCH better than the first time.  This time instead of using an entire can of frosting, I only used about 3/4 of a can.  I put the melted chocolate in a pastry bag with a thin tip to decorate and they turned out pretty awesome...if I do say so myself.








The baby shower gang.  My sister is so cute...you can barely tell she is preggers:


On that note, I know I've been MIA for a while but I've been going through some major changes lately.  I quit my very stable, well paying job in Washington, D.C. to go back to school for Nursing.  I moved up to Altoona, Pa which is quite the change, let me tell you.  I don't know anybody in this town and I am surrounded by mountains like I'm trapped in a valley of slightly odd people.  The program is 16 months and I will have my Bachelors in Nursing and then it is off to school again for my masters so I can ultimately become a Nurse Practitioner.  I'm looking forward to my new niece and there are a lot of exciting changes to come so forgive me if my entries take a vacation for a while, I'll do my best.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com