Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Avocado and Egg White Salad



I know this isn't a baking recipe and has nothing to do with cookie dough but I threw this together so quickly last night for dinner and it was so good I had to share.  I found this recipe in a random 'Food' magazine that had been sitting on my bookshelf for who knows how long and who knows why.  I had some lump crab meat that I bought to make soup and I added a little bit. This was amazing and so easy to make.  The avocado takes place of the egg yolks, which is good because egg yolks make me gag.  Also, this recipe is so versatile.  You could add chicken or tuna even and I bet it would be great.  Put it on crackers, bread, toast, a bagel. I put mine on an english muffin and I ate some plain. Yum.



avocado and egg white salad.
1 teaspoon light mayonnaise* (I used the light Olive Oil Mayo)
1 teaspoon dijon mustard *(Grey Poupon anyone)
1 teaspoon light sour cream*
4 egg whites from hard boiled eggs (discard the yolks. or eat them if they don't make you gag)
1/2 avocado, diced
1/4 cup red onions, diced**
1/4 cup crab meat

Mix everything together...and thats it. That simple.

*So, the story here is that sometimes I'm an idiot, so I actually used a tablespoon each of mayo, mustard and sour cream.  It actually wasn't horrible, but it was a little too creamy for me so I just added two more egg whites and a little bit more avocado.

**I didn't put the onions in the recipe.  I don't really like raw onions and I don't think I would have missed them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com